Wednesday 6 August 2008

Reviewstream

So I stumbled across this site whilst looking for a way to generate a bit of spare cash. I read up about it, it's not the nicest site in the world, and it's a wee bit clandestine in how it operates, but after doing a bit of research, I decided to give it a go.

Reviewstream pay $2 for every review they publish... but there's a catch... They are in total control of what gets published... And as the minimum payout is $50... You're probably way ahead of me on this one!

I did my research which told me that to have the best chance of the $2 payout per review, I should stick to the topics of medicine, electrical goods and local businesses.

With that in mind, I decided to spend a weekend shoving on reviews whenever I got chance, mainly to prove to myself that it was legit. I thought that if I stuck on over 50 reviews and they paid out, then it was well worth persuing and slapping a few on every day.

Sadly, that's where the catch comes in. At first, it takes you 3 whole days to get a reply saying yay or nay to your review.

It turned out they didn't want local businesses and were only accepting full price reviews for medicine and electrical goods, so I persisted with those, kinda giving them a second chance.

Now when I send a review, I instantly get a rejection letter knowing full well that there is no way on Earth they could have read it and reviewed it in that time.

So my review of reviewstream isn't too good.

All you end up doing is writing content rich reviews for them to cream adword money off with no chance of ever reaching the $50 threshold to pay for your hard work.

If you want to earn some money online then this is the only review you need concerning reviewstream... Don't waste your valuable time and go look for something else instead.

And for those of you that want to give it a go because they're gluttons for punishment, the link is www.reviewstream.com

If you like this post and it's saved you a lot of time and effort, feel free to buy me a coffee.

No comments: