Saturday 16 April 2011

Doctor Who - Day of the Moon

Search Amazon.com for doctor who series 6So the second title of series 6 is Day of the Moon. It's a continuation from episode 1 - the Impossible Astronaut, and it looks like it's going to be a hell of a story. Steven Moffat said that he wanted the series finale to be shifted to the beginning of the series, rather than the end, in order to get people gripped.

Well, it's certainly got me interested! I'll be writing a full review after the episode has been televised, but I thought it would be fun to write a little preview to see what we know already.

So somebody dies. River, The Doctor, Rory or Amy. Except, River died back in series 4 with David Tennant, so it can't be her... The Doctor..? Well, yes I suppose it could be him, but he tends to regenerate when he's a bit under the weather, so it's doubtful that Matt Smith is going anywhere for a while... Rory? If so, it's a bit Deja-vu, as he died three times last year alone... And then there's Amy. hmm.... no reason why she can't die I suppose...

So here's my thoughts... while someone may die, I have a feeling that they may hang around for a while... You know, like Owen in Torchwood. I was listening to a few of the old Eighth Doctor & Lucie miller stories for the past couple of weeks, and I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the new series isn't 'borrowing' from Big Finishes 'Auntie Pat' saga. After all, Moff did mention a two part story involving shape changing aliens... Probably completely wrong, but time will tell.

Looking forward to this season immensely, can't wait to see where the Tardis takes them next...

No comments: